The KW6 is fully tested & certified to international standards (MCS, SWCC & NREC) and is the Uk's best selling small wind turbine.
KW6’s intelligent design ensures consistently high performance in all wind speeds. Our unique over-speed protection system ensures continuous energy generation in all wind speeds, thus increasing the return on your investment. No need to shut down in high winds!
Grid connection & Off-Grid solutions available.
Features and benefits
- Self-regulating - delta rotor design ensures constant energy generation.
- No gear box - greater efficiency!
- Minimal visual impact - available in three colour options, White, Black or Grey - which can be specified depending on local planning requirements.
- Anti over-speed control - no requirement to shut down in high winds.
- Designed to operate in any wind speed - high performance is maintained even in the fiercest storms.
- 5-year Parts and Labour warranty as standard
- Low cost of ownership - Minimal servicing requirement.
| Peak Power ||6.1kW** |
|Reference Annual Energy (RAE) ||8,949 kWh @ 5 m/s |
|Applications ||Rural Domestic, Smallholding, Agricultural, Commercial, Telecoms, Public Sector, Remote Islands |
|Solutions ||Grid Tied, Battery Charging, 48V DC - 300V DC, Direct Heating |
|Grid Connection Options ||Single / Dual / Three Phase |
|Architecture ||Downwind, 3 Bladed, Self Regulating |
|Rotor ||5.6m diameter, 200RPM at Rated Power. |
|Blade Material ||Glass Thermoplastic Composite |
|Generator Type ||Brushless Direct Drive Permanent Magnet |
|Tower Heights ||9m / 11m / 15m / 20m |
|Foundation Options ||Pad / Root / Rock Anchor Options available. |
|Cut In Speed ||3.5 m/s |
|Cut Out Speed ||None - Continuous Operation |
|Survival Wind Speed ||Independently Tested to Class 2 (59.5m/s) |
|Warranty ||5-Year Parts and Labour Standard |
|Cold Climate Options ||Available on Request |